Here are 7 locksmith tricks that you should know about:
1. Fake advertising: There are lots of fake advertisements online of locksmiths who can perform this service at very cheap rates, some are also registered on your phone directory. Check the fairly pricing companies and save their contacts on your mobile phone. Call them up and if possible, record the conversation.This way, you will have audio evidence if things go wrong.
2. External hire: An outside unofficially registered hire is found for the job. Check the legitimacy of the organization and have the name of the locksmith servicing your need.
3. Impressively advice you on the lock they are installing. Most times the locks used by cheap rated locksmiths are bought for a fee of just about $ 10. They will lie to you about how it is the safest lock to use and cannot be drilled into. Go window shopping before installing one and know the difference.
4. Surprising lock overcharges: After the service is done, you will be handed an exaggerated bill quoting more than $100. The locksmith will use the fee of the “high quality lock” as an excuse for the exaggerated figure.
5. Double labor fee: You will be charged double the labor fee by the fake locksmith since he/she needs to make their profits and still deliver an amount of cash to their source.
6. Disappearance: Once the job is done and the fee is paid, the locksmith who may not even live in the same state disappears. If you try calling the organization again, you are not able to ever get through to them again.
7. Lock problems: Eventually, the poor quality lock will become looser to the keys you were given to use and even the all neighbors’ keys can open your lock. The organization will also not give you a solution to this problem if you report it.
Invest wisely with legitimate locksmith organizations that will supply high quality security for you.