The services of a locksmith is highly valuable when we are having problems with a house or vehicle key. You may have locked-in the keys inside the car, or lost the door key of your house. This type of situation calls for the immediate services of a reliable locksmith.
The locksmith is a person who should be available 24/7 as we don’t know when we will be needing his services. But if the locksmith company offers a dodgy service, your house or vehicle could face a high security risk. You should be well informed on how to avoid dodgy locksmith services when calling for a locksmith service. This article will highlight some valuable tips in this regard.
1. Do not trust a locksmith service that answers a telephone call with a generic name rather than their real company name. The company should always answer the phone with their real identity in the business.
2. Once the representative of the locksmith company arrives, ask him for the locksmith license. More than 15 states, in the USA, require locksmiths to be licensed. Don’t forget to get an estimate from the company before starting any work. Let them include any emergency work also in this estimate.
3. The locksmith’s on-site price should always match the phone estimate. If not, you cannot trust the locksmith company to perform a good job.
4. Legitimate locksmith companies have their own vehicles with their name and logo clearly marked on it. The representative will usually arrive on one of these vehicles.
5. In a situation where you are locked out of a house or vehicle, don’t let the locksmith drill or replace the lock upfront. Most legitimate companies have latest tools that can open even the most stubborn lock.
The above tips will help you to select a legitimate locksmith service, and avoid dodgy locksmiths.